Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pt Vicente Power Problems


We should all buy generators.

This week our local block suffered a brown out for two days – I guess it was Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday we lost power completely. After 24 powerless hours many neighbors were scurrying to buy ice and preserve what they could out of the leaky freezer. I am a fisherman and my freezer is stocked with fish. I should of went to Home Depot last nite and bought a generator. I probably will tomorrow. Then at least I could have saved some food. And what if I did have a live fish tank – all the filters and pumps would have stopped and my aquarium would have died. The source of the problem is still unknown and our entire block is being powered by a diesel generator down the street.
It really sucks that Edison didn’t bring out this generator earlier – I don’t like the idea of being powered by a diesel generator anyways – I should probably get a battery backup for my computer too. Our block had a similar situation a month or so ago and then a few months before that as well. There was no notice or support announcement to the status of this problem and when it will be resolved. I was thinking about having the neighbors get together in some form to call attention to this lack of communication.
To top it off the Water and Power Company was here most of the afternoon checking the sewer for several residents had blockage – must be a coincidence.


1 comment:

Waldo said...

Great blog. Live on Via Victoria. Power went out at 10:00am Wednesday and currently have 3 generators powering street. Bought a generator but noise was so loud had to return it. Honda makes ultimate quiet one an recommend everyone get one.Lomita Lawn Mower carries them. 3rd power outage we have had in 1 month. Unbelievable! Filed a claim with Edison for food spoilage. You can do it online. Will keep you posted if get reimbursed. P.S. Hate having the random security guards hanging around the front of my house. Guess the generators are pretty valuable.