Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Claim Letter

Alan J. Fohrer
C.E.O.
Southern California Edison

Re: Claim Number 200707275

Dear Alan,

On Wednesday, August 8th, at approximately 10:00am we had a loss of power at our residence located at 30228 Via Victoria in Rancho Palos Verdes. This 17 hour power outage ended, due to the installation of generators, on Thursday, August 9th, at approximately 2:30 am.

On August 13th, 2007 I filed a claim with Southern California Edison for the loss of food due to this 17 hour power outage. I received a denial for my claim today, August 21, 2007, from Glen Tomas stating that Southern California Edison “can not guarantee a continuous supply of power free from interruption”.

There has been an ongoing failure of your infrastructure related to the delivery of electrical power to my home. On my bill from Southern California Edison each and every month I pay a delivery charge for my power. You, Southern California Edison, are responsible for the generation and delivery of power to my home.

This most recent power outage is the 3rd time since June 23rd that we have had a loss of power and loss of food traceable back to the same exact problem. Therefore, you have had plenty of notice to fix this ongoing problem.

I can’t help but envision Southern California Edison thinking they are the “smartest guys in the room” as many residents of Rancho Palos Verdes continue to have their homes powered by generators and experience the continued loss of food while you still manage to charge us premiums for electricity. Reminds me of Enron.

It is a combination of your negligence and incompetence that has led to the repeated loss of food therefore we do not think it unreasonable that you compensate us for our most recent loss of food.

I am re-submitting my claim to you via fax and look forward to resolving this claim quickly and efficiently.

Sincerely,

Robert and Lisa Waldo
30228 Via Victoria
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
310-265-7404

No comments: